Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still going (really) well!

Saturday, January 3, 2009
So, after work yesterday, Jack and I went on another walk (sans camera, I still don't dare take it out when its this cold...). And when I got home I did take a few pics, but nothing blog worthy...not to mention I was tired. So today's post is from yesterday and today :)

Yesterday was Jack's first day going to work with me. It went better than I expected. Other than some issues with another dog who was in the office (a shelter dog, who we are trying to do some behavior modification on...), he was perfect! Only woofed a couple times, but listened when told "quiet". He did very well on the walk to work, but those dog booties I ordered need to come in. His feet hurt for some parts of it (can't say I blame him...it was only 4 degrees!). He didn't make a big fuss, but I could tell they were bothering him. He still has yet to mark/pee on anything at home, or at work (I was worried with all the smells at work) and I am very happy with that. He is crated most of the day, coming out to go for potty breaks and some play time.

He is making lots of progress at home with the cats. Max in particular. He has been coming out at random times (near the dog!). And Jack isn't doing anythign to him! Look! They are (kindof...) coexisting!

Photobucket

(And yes Dad...that would be Jack on my furniture. I'm teaching him some bad habits. He also enjoys sleeping in my bed :P )

I think Max secretly likes him...don't tell anyone though!

Jimmy on the other hand, is still protesting. Realize that he did the same thing when I took Max home...he was mad at me for about a month. Then got over it. He remains in hiding. At night though, I stick Jack in his crate (which is in my bedroom), root around for the cats and kick them out of the bedroom. I then spend some time with them, which they enjoy. Here is Jimmy, much happier with out the dog's presence... (I apologize for the blurriness...):

Photobucket



Tonight for fun (because yesterday there was torture after work...which was in the form of grooming him up a bit) we played a rousing game of "Find It!" in the house (because it was cold out...and we had already played chuckit out back of work when I got done today). He seems completely entranced with the cat's toys. I couldn't tell you why. This one in particular seems to be his favorite:

Photobucket

So. I put Jack in a "Sit, stay":

Photobucket

And walked away...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then "hid" the mouse in various places in my living room. Like these:

Photobucket
(on top of the cat scratching post)

Photobucket
(on the radiator)

Photobucket
(by the T.V.)

Photobucket
(under a blanket on the couch)

Photobucket
(under a pillow on the other couch)

Photobucket
(on the book shelf next to some pictures of some familiar people...)

And then I released Jack with a "Find it!" command.

Needless to say, he found it each time without delay...his favorite "hiding place" seemed to be under the blanket...

Photobucket

Photobucket

He would faithfully bring it back to me and chuck it at my feet:

Photobucket


After some treats for being a good boy (he is getting better about sitting when I tell him to...not that he wouldn't before, he just did it very, very slowly, we are working on that) we tried to do a little self portrait. Tried being the operative word:

Photobucket
(fail)

Photobucket
(fail again)

And those were the best out of the 10(ish) I tried to take. Oh well. I need to work on my camera skills!

Photobucket

Jack thinks that we both look much better our own. Especially him:

Photobucket

Handsome devil.



Thats it for tonight. Jack says "Goodnight"


Photobucket
(yup, him on the couch again!)

2 comments:

  1. My favourite place to hide toys is in a rubber boot. You need to have lots of clear space around, but it is good fun. Jack seems to be settling in very nicely. Tell your cats they should be glad that you didn't bring a 4-year-old child home instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to remember the boot idea!

    And yes, I think an old border collie is much better than a 4 year old child...I will have to inform my cats of that!

    Also: I hope Tonka is doing better!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Pocket