Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Woo, new layout!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Alright...unless you are a night owl, or suffered from insomnia like I did last night, you missed all the weirdness and photo size changing. I also changed some things, including who can comment. Now my family members (or whoever) who don't have blogger accounts should be able to leave comments. Please let me know if that isn't true!

I had a mini post up that was just for testing purposes. Here are the pics (that are nothing new or relevant...) that were in that post, plus some extras. Enjoy.

Photobucket
(Jimmy apparently likes that squished feeling...)

Photobucket
(At the time I took this, this was quite a milestone...the two of them peacefully coexisting...)

Photobucket
(When my betta, V, was still alive, Max loved to do this...and no, Max did not kill V, V died of (very) old age)

Photobucket
(This was the view outside of my kitchen window during peak, gotta love the Adirondacks!)

Photobucket
(I just like this...)

Photobucket
(One of Max's favorite things to do ever, is to lay on my clean clothes after I come home from the laundromat, and am folding things...little pain in the butt!)

Photobucket
(For those of you who met Emma and Elliot while I was fostering them, this was them right before they went back to the shelter. Elliot got big, huh? They have already both been adopted :) )

Photobucket
(Zander and Jimmy are buds)

Photobucket
(An example of how weird Max is... He enjoys getting in Zander's cage (which is always open, by the way, he has his own room that he free roams in) and taking naps on the shelf. Zander doesn't mind because he is a "saintly bunny" as a close friend of mine says...)


Photobucket
(Hey look! It's my first dog! Snowy. She is still around, younger than Jack at 11 years old. She is still with my mom, and doing very well.)

Photobucket
(And there is Skiba. My first cat. She was part of the first litter of (motherless) kittens that I fostered. She was bottle fed by me. This is her in her signature position: the meatloaf. She, like Snowy, is with my mother.)

Photobucket
(It's Jack!)

Jack was wonderful last night while I was out (at least I am assuming so!). There were no accidents in his crate, and no notes saying he had barked (I had asked my landlord (who lives directly below me) to let me know if he barked while I was gone). So yay! I am going to be brave again and leave him home when I go to work in the morning (don't worry, I only work around four hours on Thursdays). Hopefully we have a repeat performance. I plan on stuffing as much of his breakfast as I can into his kong to give to him when I leave, and give him the remaining portion before I bring him out to go potty and go to work. Hopefully that will keep him happy and quiet for a while.

Also: Rest in Peace Chuckit. You were great while I didn't lose you. Last night after I got home (around 10pm...) I wanted to give Jack some fun after being in the crate for a while. So we went outside and played with the Chuckit for a while. Much like my last post...I lost it. Except this time, it was dark out and I had no chance of finding it. And even worse, it snowed during the night. So I am afraid we wont be seeing our green friend until spring. Oh well.
Real post tomorrow.

Time for attempt #2 at going to bed.

Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. I like the layout but it took me a while to find the comment button!

    That is great news with Jack and his crate! You can make his kong harder to empty by mixing the kibble with yoghurt (I use a rawhide teeth cleaning stick to plug up the hole) and popping it in the freezer overnight. Then he has a kong pupsicle to keep him busy. You can also use peanut butter or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the peanut butter and kibble kong on his first crating, but today i just stuffed the kibble in there. It kept him pretty busy. :)

    He has diarrhea issues on and off, so I'm trying to not give him anything extra besides his kibble (he is getting innova senior). He is also on a supplement from eagle pack that is supposed to help too. I know that yogurt has probiotics, so maybe that would be better than the peanut butter! good tip!

    I have some greenies for him, but I haven't given them to him because I want to get more of a handle on his diarrhea. Maybe once he has a good stretch of days with good solid poops, I will stuff a greenie in there along with some yogurt + kibble :) I feel so guilty crating him, but I don't trust him 100% with my other animals yet, so I am airing on the side of caution. So I like to give him something fun and yummy for while he is in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, Jenn. Jack did some time at my place the summer before last, but there were no other pets. Just four flights of stairs to get down when I got up in the morning and got home at night. Four flights that Jack was VERY eager to get down. On a leash. Dragging me.

    I'm glad things are working out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Uncle Gary!

    I can imagine Jack was pulling you! Luckily, there is only one set of stairs, and I don't bother leashing him (as only myself and only one other guy live on the second floor), so I don't get dragged thankfully!

    And things are working out wonderfully. I'm glad that it isn't just Dad who is enjoying this :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Pocket